Monday, June 16, 2008

Library of Congress exploration!


Ever seen a sleeping squirrel in the middle of a HOT summer afternoon?! Now you have :)

The other Saturday we had a small window around lunchtime to go explore something on the National Mall, so we decided to check out the Library of Congress. It was really neat to see Thomas Jefferson's personal library, & the Gutenburg Bible -it was huge & old -& one of two existing entire copies in the world.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Hey there!!! I was just telling a friend the other day that the Library of Congress was one of the most beautiful places I visited in DC. I defintely recommend going back for the tour where they explain all the amazing things on the ceiling and along the stairways, etc. Pretty amazing and joy breathtaking to look at! We miss being there this summer, but are also really glad to be HOME. : ) God bless, Jennie and Patrick