Monday, April 20, 2009

Not for the push-over, but for those with a God who protects them

Do not live in a big city if you're a push-over, or idealist, or one who tends to think all people are -& will be -goodwilled toward you (enter my name here). Thus, if it weren't for my knowledgeable & discerning husband, I'd be a mess. Welcome to No. Virginia, where you can't trust the fellows at the gas station down the street to service your vehicle without finding 10 extra things "wrong" with it that will of course cost you hundreds of dollars.
So, yup, today I was just trying to be helpful & take our Honda to get tested for emissions & for safety so we can renew her registration at the DMV. The "helpful" fellow at the gas station down the street -grr -tried to tell me "the bushings are old on the back wheels" & "need replaced" (in his broken English, of course). When I said "do not fix, just give me sticker today" (& after freaking out, calling my dear hubby, scheduling an appt at the car repair place we DO trust), I paid (only for the renewal stickers) & got back in the car, only to find out the serviceman had given me a "pass" sticker, not a "fail" (which requires servicing the car within a certain number of days), thus called my hubby (& the car repair place) back, thankful for my patient husband & for our heavenly Father, who watches out for me & cares for me, even when I'm too helpful somedays (according to my husband). Now I know -next time, we'll just start out at the car repair place we trust, even though it's a bit further of a drive...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sara--This is your way of "nesting"... :-)
Love,
Megan Merseth