Prep 4 Weekend Guests: Joint effort -we made a tri-fold room divider!
Weekend Guests: Jason & Jess Nicholson (Tues-Sat!)
# Around our Table for Thanksgiving Meal: 10
All We Did Thanksgiving Day: ate, played board games, & searched Black Friday ads
# of Trees Turning Colors Outside our Window: hundreds!# Around our Table for Thanksgiving Meal: 10
All We Did Thanksgiving Day: ate, played board games, & searched Black Friday ads
# That Spent the Night to do Black Friday: 4
Time We Woke Up to do Black Friday: 3am
What We Bought: our very first real Christmas tree!

2 comments:
Congratulations on the tree, guys! I read this and had to laugh because one of the first things Kerry and I bought together was our (fake, pre-lit) Christmas tree. It was the day after Christmas last year, and we found an awesome floor model at Home Depot that had been marked down severely. It sat in my parents garage for nine months and in ours for two more.
We *finally* put it up last weekend and decorated it. The ornament-to-branch ratio is rather small this year, but we made up for it in lights. We started a tradition that we'll each buy one ornament each year. Hers: a glittery skiing penguin. Mine: a fishing lure minnow donning a santa hat with candy cane hooks. Hm, I hope we haven't lost the meaning of Christmas...
Take care guys.
I have to admit, that's the first time I've heard of someone getting going through the trouble of black friday for a real Christmas tree! :)
Sounds like you had a great time. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment