Memorial Day weekend. Sunday afternoon relaxing with Uncle Glen & Aunt Susan out in Warrenton (about 1 hr west of us). We were planning on heading to Bull Run State Park to go camping after we left their place. So, as the story goes, it started sprinkling & we heard thunder in the distance. Checked the weather on TV, sure enough, a storm cell headed our way! So, quick hugs, jump in the car, & the storm is chasing us the 30 minute drive to the campsite. I had a gut instict, & so as we're driving, I asked the Lord God Almighty to hold off the storm & the rain until we got the tent set up. Daniel didn't even believe it possible at that point, according to his version of the story :) So, we get to our site, pull out the tent, start laying it out, & I'm thinking, it sure would be nice if someone came over to help us right now. Sure enough, the Lord orchestrated right then that a man came up & asked if he could help us -yay! So we got the tent upright, the guys started staking it down, & I started running between the car & tent dumping our gear inside. I then jumped inside, the neighbor ran back to his tent, Daniel jumped inside, & the big rain droplets turned into a big, awesome thunderstorm. We just leaned back on our gear & took in the majesty of the storm & thanked our big God for how much He watches out for us & cares for our needs in so many little ways. We were out there Sunday & Monday nights, & really enjoyed relaxing & hiking the trails. It was a great get-away for us, being the weekend before our anniversary, & two weeks before Daniel would spend 2 weeks on a work trip taking noise measurements down at Fort Rucker in AL.
PS-though this post is out of order (it happened before our anniv), it was such a fun weekend I wanted to post it anyway!

No comments:
Post a Comment