Thursday evening from 6-9pm I (Sara) got to do haircuts at a salon ("Lords & Ladies") that has connections to the Academy. We did $10 cuts out on the front porch of the salon that all went to the local pediatric hospital (which my cousin, John, works at sometimes). It was so much fun. I got to do 4-5 cuts, some adults, some kiddos -one little girl's first haircut. She was about 3 yrs old, had beautiful blonde curls with baby-fine hair :) Her mom & dad took lots of pictures & mom definitely was teary-eyed as I took the first cut...of course we saved some of the curls & put them in an envelope for her baby book. "First haircuts" are definitely a favorite of mine -it's such a sweet little "landmark" in life that's fun to get to be a part of!
The owner of the salon, Sharon, has taken me under her wing -she teaches at the Academy 1-2 times/month, & is actually the contact that originally connected me with the job opening at the Academy -because she cuts my cousin's wife (Lee)'s hair. Talk about a fun triangle of how the Lord originally blessed me with this job!
It was a really great evening where I know we helped a good cause, & it's what I love to do!
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey guys! I haven't heard from you in a while. We are at the same stage with Kambell, as to if she gets her hair cut or not. The vote right now is 99% No for getting it cut. God Bless :)
Post a Comment